We got our Visa's today.
I have been packing and getting everything together to take on our trip. I only want to check one bag and that is the bag for dontations to the orphanage. If we lose our luggage then I am afraid we will not get it until it is time to come home. We can not afford to lose our luggage. We have such a short time in country and go to region the following day. If our luggage was lost we would not get it until our return to Moscow. Then it would be too late as we would have not clothes to look nice for the first meeting at the Adoption Center. So we are going with two backpacks and two carry ones. I always get a kick out these people on the plane as they try and shove their bags in every little nok and cranny on the plane. I usually check everything and only carry one little bag so I don't have to sweat the over heads. Being short and all has a disadvantage but Scott can handle the overhead luggage. The stuff the takes up the most room is the techno stuff. Meaning the camcorder, camera, dvd, cds, converters, chargers and all the misc wires. The sbc port for the camera so we can download our pictures and email to our IA Doctor. All the paperwork and all the babies stuff I want to take him and some reading material. It is a very long plane ride.
I still do not know the hotel we are staying at. I hope it has AC. I do hear some of the older hotels do not, nor do they screens to keep the bugs out. I did bring bug spray. The facilitators are to handle this for us and they have yet to inform our social worker. Remember I said there was a meeting with all the officials last week and they said there was a convention this week in Moscow so the hotel are all full. I told our sw that we were not that picky as long as it wasn't camping I would be fine. Of course that is to be determined. I am bringing my tylenol pm. I can sleep anywhere.
I am planning on keeping a journal of our travels to update on our return. I so not good at this but know the importance that I will want to share this very important time with our son in the future so I must post daily in my journal of our first trip to meet him. I tried this on the Italy trip and failed miserably. I can't remember where some of my pictures were taken and have to look up the information on the internet or on post cards I bought. Which I have to say is the best idea going. I will try and buy post cards.
Wish us luck, we are on our way Saturday and return Thursday night!!!
I still do not know the hotel we are staying at. I hope it has AC. I do hear some of the older hotels do not, nor do they screens to keep the bugs out. I did bring bug spray. The facilitators are to handle this for us and they have yet to inform our social worker. Remember I said there was a meeting with all the officials last week and they said there was a convention this week in Moscow so the hotel are all full. I told our sw that we were not that picky as long as it wasn't camping I would be fine. Of course that is to be determined. I am bringing my tylenol pm. I can sleep anywhere.
I am planning on keeping a journal of our travels to update on our return. I so not good at this but know the importance that I will want to share this very important time with our son in the future so I must post daily in my journal of our first trip to meet him. I tried this on the Italy trip and failed miserably. I can't remember where some of my pictures were taken and have to look up the information on the internet or on post cards I bought. Which I have to say is the best idea going. I will try and buy post cards.
Wish us luck, we are on our way Saturday and return Thursday night!!!

<< Home