Sad news again....
Today a woman from NC admitted to killing her 2 year old adopted daughter from Russia while visiting family in VA. She admits that she beat her, punched her and kicked her and put her to bed. The next morning when the little girl wasn't breathing the mother calls 911 and rushes her to the hospital where the little girl is pronounced dead.
This is the most sickening story. As horrible as it is, it is a true story that just happened today. Another American beats a Russian baby to death. How can this happen? How can a mother beat any baby to death regardless! It makes you wonder, where was the Dad, where was the rest of the family? Does no one notice these things are happening in their own homes. They don't see a change in personality? Like the woman who drowned her 5 children. People are speaking out in the news lately about depression and medication and that there is no such thing as post partium depression or that is can be help with simple exercise. It makes me mad to recall this interview. Some of you know who I am talking about I am sure. The battle of the celebrities. I refuse to go see the War of Worlds.
There are cases of PAD, post adoption depression. I would only hope that is the case here and not that she is a cold blooded murderer. I do believe there are chemical imbalances with in the brain in some people maybe all people at different times in their lives. Stress and big changes can bring on depression as well as death or divorce or birth. I hope there is more to the story but it still doesn't change the facts. A child is dead. A senselss death. One that could be prevented.
The news has already hit the front page of the Moscow times. As you know in an earlier post I said how shaky the climate was in Russia after the case of the 6 year old boy that was beat to death by his adoptive mother several years ago. The case came to court recently and the mother was sent to prison. Two families have been detained in the last several weeks because of possible abuse of their adopted children while still in Russia. They have been exonerated but I am afraid that Russia may close it's doors on Americans forever. A moratorium sounds even more real than ever. They have every right to protect their children. I do not blame them. Even though they live in orphanages, institutions and have little hope of having a productive life maybe it is better than being murdered by an Amercian who claims they are going to take care of them.
The Joint Council of International Adoptions and the The National Council of Adoptions are to put a press release out later today.
My fear now is we may never bring Max home. His room is ready, I just went out and bought some smaller clothes for him. Washed his sheets and blankets. I am very sad for all the children today. I am very sad.
This is the most sickening story. As horrible as it is, it is a true story that just happened today. Another American beats a Russian baby to death. How can this happen? How can a mother beat any baby to death regardless! It makes you wonder, where was the Dad, where was the rest of the family? Does no one notice these things are happening in their own homes. They don't see a change in personality? Like the woman who drowned her 5 children. People are speaking out in the news lately about depression and medication and that there is no such thing as post partium depression or that is can be help with simple exercise. It makes me mad to recall this interview. Some of you know who I am talking about I am sure. The battle of the celebrities. I refuse to go see the War of Worlds.
There are cases of PAD, post adoption depression. I would only hope that is the case here and not that she is a cold blooded murderer. I do believe there are chemical imbalances with in the brain in some people maybe all people at different times in their lives. Stress and big changes can bring on depression as well as death or divorce or birth. I hope there is more to the story but it still doesn't change the facts. A child is dead. A senselss death. One that could be prevented.
The news has already hit the front page of the Moscow times. As you know in an earlier post I said how shaky the climate was in Russia after the case of the 6 year old boy that was beat to death by his adoptive mother several years ago. The case came to court recently and the mother was sent to prison. Two families have been detained in the last several weeks because of possible abuse of their adopted children while still in Russia. They have been exonerated but I am afraid that Russia may close it's doors on Americans forever. A moratorium sounds even more real than ever. They have every right to protect their children. I do not blame them. Even though they live in orphanages, institutions and have little hope of having a productive life maybe it is better than being murdered by an Amercian who claims they are going to take care of them.
The Joint Council of International Adoptions and the The National Council of Adoptions are to put a press release out later today.
My fear now is we may never bring Max home. His room is ready, I just went out and bought some smaller clothes for him. Washed his sheets and blankets. I am very sad for all the children today. I am very sad.

<< Home