April update
Well where does one begin? I am so not a writer. I will admit to that! However let me try and make some sense of the latest news we have.
We had some communication problems during the last two weeks with Patricia our regular coordinator. I posted a blog, edited it and finally deleted it. I was a bit frustrated at the time.
We finally called four times this past Wednesday and finally reached the Director of Social Services, Konnie on the phone. She knew of us and that our dossier was in Yaroslavl, that it was registered at The Center of Adoption Affairs in the region. So she called the faciliator to get follow up information and promtly called me back the following morning.
I won't go into detail, because it would be very long and complicated but the bottom line is we have one paper that is in process and The Center of Adoption Affairs in Yaroslavl is working on our case. As the social worker put it, it is in the works.
From what I understand they do have an offical referral for us and we should have information next week. Hopefully. Depends. Once again this is Russia we are talking about. The other good news was that since we are offically fully registered in region we should be able to continue with our process with out interuption even with the accreditation due to expire the mid of May. Hopefully. Now the Ministry of Science and Education, MOE as it is known in the Russian adoption world is suppose to renew all agencies after May 15th. Our agency feels their renewal will happen the end of May to the mid of June. So once again, hopefully, this will not be a problem for us either way. Did you notice I say hopefully allot?
Konnie was very helpful with her information and I feel confident that things will be moving along now and hope we will be traveling on our first trip soon. She advised us on getting the referral, accepting the referral and contacting and lining up the international doctor to assess the referred child. She advised us on traveling and said she would call us back with any updates as soon as she knows more. I will be more proactive on my calling them from now on.
We had some communication problems during the last two weeks with Patricia our regular coordinator. I posted a blog, edited it and finally deleted it. I was a bit frustrated at the time.
We finally called four times this past Wednesday and finally reached the Director of Social Services, Konnie on the phone. She knew of us and that our dossier was in Yaroslavl, that it was registered at The Center of Adoption Affairs in the region. So she called the faciliator to get follow up information and promtly called me back the following morning.
I won't go into detail, because it would be very long and complicated but the bottom line is we have one paper that is in process and The Center of Adoption Affairs in Yaroslavl is working on our case. As the social worker put it, it is in the works.
From what I understand they do have an offical referral for us and we should have information next week. Hopefully. Depends. Once again this is Russia we are talking about. The other good news was that since we are offically fully registered in region we should be able to continue with our process with out interuption even with the accreditation due to expire the mid of May. Hopefully. Now the Ministry of Science and Education, MOE as it is known in the Russian adoption world is suppose to renew all agencies after May 15th. Our agency feels their renewal will happen the end of May to the mid of June. So once again, hopefully, this will not be a problem for us either way. Did you notice I say hopefully allot?
Konnie was very helpful with her information and I feel confident that things will be moving along now and hope we will be traveling on our first trip soon. She advised us on getting the referral, accepting the referral and contacting and lining up the international doctor to assess the referred child. She advised us on traveling and said she would call us back with any updates as soon as she knows more. I will be more proactive on my calling them from now on.

<< Home